Fluidized Beach Screening
Fluidized Rock Systems has developed The Extractor 3300, a new technology that increases dredging production. The system is designed to remove oversized material and foreign debris dredged from the ocean floor prior to fill placement. The technology behind The Extractor 3300 includes the uniquely designed Velocity Box that accepts high volumes of slurry from the offshore dredge. From there the material passes through a series of interchangeable vibrating screens, removing the oversized material & foreign debris from the beach fill. The debris moves onto a discharge conveyor and then into a containment box for disposal. The acceptable beach fill flows onto a discharge flume, and then is deposited onto the beach, allowing sand to be placed as needed. This methodology replaces the current Rock Box method saving time and money.
- Rock Box = Rock boxes clog and need to be changed often, reducing productivity.
- Dry Sand Screening = Post-dredge remediation screening is response to a problem that’s already on the Beach.
- Fluidized Screening = Extractor 3300
- Material is automatically and efficiently removed before it hits the beach. Material is only handled once, reducing time and cost.
- The FRS process removes the oversized material and foreign debris from the sand/water slurry during the dredge pumping process. The oversized material and foreign debris is deposited directly into an off-road truck or dumpster. The beach sand and water are discharged directly onto the beach, ready for placement. This process is automatic and continuous. Allowing less down time and increased productivity.
- Screens can be quickly changed to any common size to meet project specs.
- Self-contained, self-powered and self-propelled screener